Vacancy – Laboratory Technician (ARTIS, HPW)
ARTIS is an ISO 9001 accredited testing and consultancy business and, along with its parent company Avon Rubber, has over 125 years of experience in the rubber industry. We specialise in the testing, analysis, development and recycling of polymer based materials.
ARTIS is looking to recruit a technician to provide mixing, moulding and testing support to the rest of the team and our internal and external customers. The materials preparation and testing steps underpin the quality of the projects undertaken by ARTIS, and so the candidate will be required to demonstrate a strong attention to detail. The role is very much ‘hands on’, including the weighing, mixing and moulding steps associated with the compounding of rubber materials.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to an appropriate standard, following the quality system at all times.
- Mixing and moulding of rubber compounds.
- Operation of rheology instruments (MDR and Mooney Viscosity).
- Physical properties testing of rubber compounds.
- Carbon black testing (cleanliness and colloidal properties).
- Ensure that the cleanliness of the laboratory and equipment is maintained in a presentable manner.
- Use of the laboratory management system (ECLIPSE). Writing labcards and uploading data.
- Maintaining stocks of rubber compounding ingredients.
- Routine maintenance of equipment.
The candidate will have:
- Ideally, minimum of two years’ experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and repeatedly.
- The ability to handle chemicals and equipment in safe manner in compliance with the site safety regulations.
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Some knowledge of rubber materials and the industry would be desirable.
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment.
- A level (or equivalent) in a science, preferably chemistry.
- Alternatively, significant relevant experience in a laboratory environment.
- Comprehensive training will be provided where required.
If you fit the above criteria and would like to apply please send a covering letter and CV to:
Chris Norris, Hampton Park West, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 6NB.
Tel: 01225 896505 Email: email@example.com