Vacancy – Development Scientist (ARTIS, HPW)
ARTIS is an ISO 9001 accredited testing and consultancy business and, along with its parent company Avon Rubber, has over 125 years of experience in the rubber industry. We specialise in the testing, analysis, development and recycling of polymer based materials.
ARTIS is looking to recruit a Development Scientist to support our internal (Avon Protection Systems and Milkrite|Interpuls) and external customers. The role will require a strong understanding of rubber chemistry and technology and the ability to convey the relevance of our findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Liaison with internal and external clients to plan and deliver materials related projects.
- Manage projects through the laboratory to ensure they are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Provide compounding and testing advice to colleagues and ARTIS clients.
- Development and implementation of new test procedures for the characterisation of rubber materials.
- Data interpretation and preparation of technical reports.
- Managing external customer accounts and associated administration – quotations etc.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to an appropriate standard and relevant parts of the quality system are maintained.
- Research into new materials and applications at a fundamental level.
- The selected candidate must be willing to travel to fulfil this role.
- Technician support will be available for this role.
The candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in the rubber industry, including:
- Experience of testing rubber and plastic materials.
- Rubber compounding.
- The ability to generate high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment.
- Experience of ISO 9001 quality systems.
- Engineering experience.
- Degree (or equivalent) in materials science or engineering.
The position offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension package.
Applications Close 31.10.18
If you fit the above criteria and would like to apply please send a covering letter and CV to:
Chris Norris, Hampton Park West, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 6NB.
Tel: 01225 896505 Email: email@example.com